Monday, October 20, 2014

Music

      I have a very specific way I like my music.  I listen to country music and that’s it.  If you showed me a recent pop song I would have never heard it.  Most people think country music is trash, but they don’t know what it’s about.  Yes I will admit a lot of country music is about beer and trucks, but some have a deeper meaning that only the artist knows about.  Some of the artists sing these songs with so much passion.  That is my favorite kind of music.  I love country music with lyrics that can speak to me.  If you couldn’t tell my now, I love my quotes, I love deep things that make me think.  That’s just who I am.


     


 My favorite song isn't determined by how many times I listen to it or how often it is stuck in my head.  I love songs that make my heart race when it comes on the radio.  It is the one I feel so many emotions for.  I have a couple songs that never fail to make me emotional.  These songs are What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts and Something in the Water by Carrie Underwood.  What Hurts the Most is a song I’ve loved for a really long time.  I have always related to the lyrics of the song when I’m sad.  This is my go to song when I’ve had a bad day.  It is so powerful and relate able and it never fails to make me feel something.  Something in the Water is a newer song that I found on the very first time it was played on the radio.  That song was just so powerful and from the very moment I heard it for the first time I fell in love with it.  Carrie Underwood portrays her songs to perfection.  Her other songs Jesus Take the Wheel and See You Again are ones that her new music had to live up to.  In my opinion it did.










       Music is the definition of poetry.  It is an appealing way to express feelings and portray an emotion. 

“Life’s a dance, you learn as you go.  Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.” –John Michael Montgomery

“Life aint always beautiful, but it’s a beautiful ride.” –Gary Allen

“Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart.” –Eli Young Band

“God gave me you for the ups and downs, god gave me you for the days of doubt.” – Blake Shelton

“You leave home and you move on and you do the best you can.  But I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.” –Miranda Lambert

"He said, "I've been where you've been before. Down every hallway's a slamming door." No way out, no one to come and save me. Wasting a life that the Good Lord gave me. Then somebody said what saying to you. Opened my eyes and told me the truth." They said, "Just a little faith, it'll all get better." –Carrie Underwood


“I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while even though Goin' on with you gone still upsets me There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay” – Rascal Flatts


2 comments:

  1. My son always says country music is all about drinking and trucks! : ) He's 11. I love the Miranda Lambert song you quoted--I connect to it quite a bit (and I use it to introduce a project in English 4!). Country music does have such a real, vulnerable quality to it...I can see why you are a devoted fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you describe your favorite song. The best songs are the ones that make our hearts race. The quotes/song lyrics you posted are by far some of my favorite. I love country music, and Even If It Breaks Your Heart is probably one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete