Friday, October 24, 2014

Immensity













Music blasting
Bonfire blazing
Summer beach parties every weekend
Don’t think about tomorrow,
Party hard now
Was their motto.

Me not so much,
A walk on the cool night sand does me just fine
I look down yonder
The moon’s light is shattered by the ripples in the water
The stars are clothed with the smoke bellowing
From the bonfire
The shore is blanketed with seaweed,
Hiding it from view.
The stench of rotten sea creatures mask the
Soothing salt water.

Why these flaws should be characterized as
Wrong?
Scars on the surface shouldn't determine
Its immensity
Or worth.
Its true beauty is immense in itself.
Just have to give it a chance.
I feel sorry for those who don’t see the
Immensity
Of judgment and mistreatment

Our world is imperfect.

But it’s still a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I love that closing thought...In fact, just this past weekend, as my sister and I were leaving a nursing home in OK where we said probably our last goodbyes to our grandpa, I turned to her and said, "Wow, life is hard." And her answer was, "Yes. But it's worth it." She's right. And so are you.

    I like the image of the stars "clothed with the smoke billowing from the bonfire." Great imagery in your opening descriptive lines. Thanks, Mikala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I positively love this. The opening statement sounds so appealing, it makes me want to go back to the beach. You raise some fantastic questions. I don't understand why people focus on physical features and not what's beyond that. And I agree with you, our world is imperfect. But I kinda like it.
    I love your work Mikala!!

    ReplyDelete