Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween

     



       
 ~Using items around the house to make something creative and fun is my specialty.  I make craft whenever I can and it’s something I feel like I’m good at.  I make my Halloween costumes most of the time.  I’ve never been a fan of this holiday, I can’t do scary stuff.  Besides, most of the girls at school already have two faces, why add another? No but really, making my Halloween costume makes the day more enjoyable for me.
                My favorite Halloween costume I made was a few years ago when I dressed up as popcorn. I used a box and cut out a hole in the bottom and cut out a zig zag pattern at the top and then covered it in red and white vertical stripes to make the popcorn box.  And then I put another piece of cardboard on the top and cut out another hole for my body to go through.  On this, real popcorn was glued all over in a big mound.  The last thing I did was punch small holes on the side to put some leather straps to keep the box up, and boom.  I guess the whole “you are what you eat” saying applies.

                ~My absolute favorite part of Halloween is the candy.  I eat that stuff way too much, it is kind of unhealthy.  I love my chocolate, but I will literally eat any candy that is put in front of me.  Actually, it doesn’t have to be in front of me. I’d chase it down the street if I had too.  Anything unhealthy or sugary, expect me to eat it.

                My favorite candy would have to be Twix or Hershey’s milk chocolate.  Low-key I have an obsession with gummy Krabby patties.  I was never allowed to watch SpongeBob, but that candy was delicious, and Halloween is the only time I have a chance to get some of it.  If you’re looking for candy that kids will like, chocolate is the perfect way to go.  If you want to do something a little different, you can never go wrong with something gummy or hard candy.  Just know, that candy has to last children an entire year, so don’t be stingy.  Give them as much as possible.  Now their parents might not like that too much, but is trick or treating about the adults? NO, so let the kids enjoy their holiday.  Fill their pillow case to the brim, and you’ll see about a million smiles on Halloween night.  I think Halloween needs a little more treats and a little less tricks. 

2 comments:

  1. What you said about Halloween candy having to last kids all year made me smile. About December, I usually clean out whatever is left of my son's stash and bring it to school, where it's swooped in on by hungry teenagers and disappears completely in a matter of minutes. I bet you were adorable in your popcorn box! I made a Glinda the Good Witch crown, wand and oversized tutu last year...it was quite pink and poofy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the comment about the two-faced girls. How true. Either way, the popcorn costume sounds so cool! I work at the Palace, and we throw out huge bags of popcorn every night. It's slightly ridiculous. And the candy comment- yes. Let all the children have all of the candy. It's the parents job to regulate the candy, but you have to give the kids as many options for as long as possible, right?

    ReplyDelete