Monday, October 20, 2014

Dan in Real Life Questions

2. Three tips I would give to parents of teenagers is,
                1.  Give them space, let them come to you.  If they need you they will reach out.
                2.  Trust them if they give you a reason too.
                3. Make sure they know how much you care.
14.  Honestly, I think that if you fall in love once it should stay that way.  You could say I’m a hopeless romantic.  When my grandma died my grandpa got another girlfriend.  I was glad he was getting over the loss of her, but I still believe nobody will ever compare to my grandmother.  I think there is one person out there for us.  I think we just have to find that person.
17.  My perfect day would honestly be a day when I have a brain full of words to add to my stories I’ve written.  If I could write all day every day I would.  I feel like writing has done more for me than people have at this point.  If I sat in my room with my laptop and just wrote until my fingers were numb, it would be the perfect day.  I would set down my phone, cut off communication with everything else and just write.

22.  Honestly I do think life is full of disappointment.  Sure there are some good things that happen but it is so much easier to complain about something than it is to be content.  In a sense, it is our fault that life is disappointing.  It’s our brains telling us that life sucks.  We cause the disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts of disappointment--and our manufacturing of it--are quite wise. I love the quote "What messes us up most in life is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be." Very little in my life has turned out the way I imagined it would, and once I embraced the surprise of it all, happiness and contentment take the place of that disappointment.

    ReplyDelete