Friday, October 17, 2014

Movies With Meaning




Movies and TV, a full proof way to shut your brain off from your own reality and engage yourself in a different one.  My favorite movies are the ones that can make me cry and feel for the characters on the screen.  I love the movies with deeper meanings and ones that can make me think about human tendencies and ways of life, just anything that can make me feel something.
 
















 Movies like Remember Me with Robert Pattinson comes to mind.  It was one of those movies that gave me this feeling of sadness and remorse for the characters.  My favorite movie, though would have to be To Save a Life.  This movie is a Christian movie that I watched at church for the first time. I really connected with the characters in the film.  I felt Jake’s confusion as well as Johnny and Roger’s pain.  The way this movie was put together gave off this symbol of hope and love and sacrifice.  The way Jake was willing to give up his dreams for the girl he loved and the way Johnny made friends for the first time that made him happy for the first time in his life.  Every character has their own personal struggle, and that is something anybody can relate too.  I think that is why I love that movie so much, I can easily relate.  I have so many other movies that I will watch over and over again.  Most of them are ones from my childhood that to me are still considered some of the best movies of all time.  I love feel good movies but nothing beats the depressing movies with meaning and heart to them.
I hate scary movies.  I hate them so much.  I’m a chicken, I will scream, I will cry, and I will have nightmares for weeks on end if I am forced to watch a horror film.  Trust me, you don’t want to force me to watch them because if you do, I will not sleep and I will be the crankiest person alive.  No one wants to be around someone who hasn’t slept.  Friendly advice: Do NOT make me watch a scary movie.

I don’t watch movies as much as I binge watch TV shows on Netflix, but there is still nothing better than sitting on my butt watching other people on a television screen.  Chances are though, if there is an emotional, heartfelt movie out there, I have seen it.  I may watch way too many shows on Netflix for hours upon hours, but I still have movie nights will myself very frequently, and it is honestly one of my favorite things to do.
One word, popcorn.  Even without a movie being on, popcorn is easily my favorite food.  It is even better when there is a screen in front of me.  I’ll be wearing my PINK sweatpants, a comfy sweatshirt and fuzzy socks.  I’ll cover myself in a pile of blankets and veg out on the couch in my room.  I could just sit there for hours with the lights off, watching TV.
If my life were made into a movie, it would probably win a Golden Globe.  The endless amounts of drama and the thoughts running through my mind could be made into an interesting story, especially if I wrote the script. My life and experiences itself would be boring if it were written by someone else because they have no idea what my life is about.  If I shared my story in a movie, it would be emotional and happy at the same time.  I know my life and I know that it is so bipolar. One week everything is fantastic and enjoyable and I’m having a blast with my friends doing shenanigans, and then the next day, it all goes downhill.  I think if I could portray my life on screen, I could make it into something people would enjoy and relate too.


Survey Results: YOUR PERSONALITY

Take a look at how you scored on the Big Five personality dimensions below.
Your scores, compared with the responses of other people, suggest that you may be described as follows:

YOU ARE 58% EXTRAVERTED.
You are moderate in activity and enthusiasm. You enjoy the company of others but you also value your privacy.

YOU ARE 67% AGREEABLE.
You are generally warm, trusting, and agreeable, but you can sometimes be stubborn and competitive.

YOU ARE 92% CONSCIENTIOUS.
You are conscientious and well organized. You have high standards and always strive to achieve goals.

YOU ARE 25% EMOTIONALLY STABLE.
You are sensitive, emotional and prone to experience feelings that are upsetting.

YOU ARE 58% OPEN TO NEW EXPERIENCES.
You are practical but willing to consider new ways of doing things. You try to seek a balance between the old and the new.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big chicken when it comes to scary movies, too! But my husband loves them and I've spent some of those sleepless nights you mentioned after trying to be a fun wife and watch something he wanted me to. I also like sad, soulful movies like you do. I sometimes wonder why I put myself through such emotional experiences (Marley and Me! Why do I watch that?) but I also see a good cry as a chance to purge all sorts of yucky stuff and make way for the brighter side.

    ReplyDelete