Monday, October 6, 2014

Artists...Kind of



















        I have never cared much for famous artists and paintings.  It always seemed so foreign to me to convey a story without words.  That’s why I kind of took this assignment into my own hands and decided to change it up a bit.  Instead of researching a painter type artist, I decided to write about my most favorite writer of all time, who in my mind is a genius artist. Robert Frost’s words have influenced me for a long time now.


         Robert Frost was born on March 26th, 1874 in San Francisco, California.  He was born to William Prescott Frost Jr. and Isabelle Moodie.  He had a little sister named Jeanie.  His Father died of tuberculosis when he was 11. After His father died, he moved to Pennsylvania and finished high school at the top of his class.  After high school, Frost attended college at Dartmouth and Harvard.  His first piece was published on November 8, 1894.  He later married to Elinor Miriam White in 1895.  Frost has written many poems over the years.  My personal favorites are Fire and Ice, The Road Not Taken, and Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.  I have an old book containing poems by Robert Frost.  Many times I open it to a random poem, read it and try to interpret and relate it to my own life.  I find Robert Frost one of the most influential “artists” of all time.  He may not do paintings or sculptures but he captures feelings with words better than anybody I’ve ever seen.

        Fire and Ice is my all time favorite poem.  Mostly because its a mystery to me.  I never fully understood the deeper meaning behind it.  I've loved the rhythm this poem has as well.  I honestly love everything about it.  It is my favorite poem by Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment