Sunday, September 14, 2014

Explain it to me...

I don’t know why it still hurts
Seeing you with someone else
Pretending I never meant anything to you.
Pretending our friendship wasn't worth keeping.
I shouldn't care, but i do.
I guess I’m just disappointed
That you left me behind in the crowd
And walked away with her.
Again.
And again
And again
I always knew the feelings weren't returned
But I never knew that I was that easy to leave behind.

                                                    

I don’t know what I ever did

To make you not want me.
Explain it to me.

1 comment:

  1. My sister had that print hanging in her room when she was a teenager...it's interesting how the feelings you've expressed here could apply to the kids pictured but also to someone much more mature in the same situation...Rejection is never easy.

    ReplyDelete