Tuesday, November 11, 2014

This is Me...


This is me.
There is nothing special about this picture.
It is just me
With my split end infested brunette locks
And my golden skin that dries and shrivels in the winter
This is my face being clogged with buckets of makeup
And it’s my smile that I try to use to make others happy
It is me being me.

What you don’t see though, is what I choose not to show.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I say this picture is worth one.
A lie.
What you can’t see from this picture is my story
You have no way of knowing
What is behind the girl with
The split ends
And the dry skin
And the layers of makeup
And the smile.

I’m a girl with a hard past
But a bright future.
I’m a girl with a mending heart
But also a caring one.
I’m a girl with a story.
A story of
Smiles
And tears
A story of
Happiness
And pain.

This picture is me.
But it’s me on the outside.
You have to stick around

To see the real me.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful line:

    They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
    I say this picture is worth one.
    A lie.

    I think many of us can relate to this idea--that what the world sees is only a fraction of who we really are. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete